Warmest Greetings Wildcats!
I want to take a moment to clear up any confusion with our practice schedule these next few weeks, as well as provide as much beginning of the season information as I can right now.
First, the practice schedule:
Tuesday & Thursday February 16 & 18: EVERYONE in the weight room at 1:45
Wednesday February 17: EVERYONE on the track at 1:45
Remote Week: February 22-26
- This is the first week of official mandatory track & field practice!
- Not including those still actively participating in Winter sports/activities
- Because we are on the 100% remote learning schedule the school day ends at 3:00
- Practice will be Monday – Friday from 3:30-5:00 on the track THIS WEEK ONLY!
Cohort B in school; Cohort A remote: March 1-5
- Practice will be Monday – Friday from 1:45-4:00 on the track
- THIS is going to be our regular practice schedule!
All In: March 8-13
- This is the week: Either you are in or out. Rosters will be finalized.
- Practice will be at the regular time as listed above
I hope this makes sense and makes things a little more clear for all of you! If not, please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Some other general information for your benefit:
- We have a schedule in place, however we are still awaiting any sport specific guidance/regulations/restrictions from the OHSAA before we release it.
- The same holds true for our parent meeting – we want to make sure we have all of the information you need, but don’t want to cause confusion with conflicting information.
- Masks are required at practice & must be worn at all times when not actively working out
- Be mindful of maintaining social distance, especially when unmasked & running
- Bring your own water everyday & don’t share
- Unless it is unsafe, we plan on practicing outside EVERYDAY!
- Make sure you have warm clothes, sweats, hats, gloves, etc.
- In order to practice, you must have joined the team on Final Forms & have completed all of the necessary forms there.
- In order to practice, you must have a current valid physical on file with the athletic trainer
- Participation fees:
- 1st sport $150, 2nd sport $75, family cap $300
Again, I hope this gives you all the information you need as we move towards having everyone at practice next week, then beginning official practice the following week! Our first scheduled meet (Lord willing!) is Saturday, March 27, so we’ve got no time to waste! It’s time to really get busy and get in shape for the 2021 Wildcat Track & Field season!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, comments, concerns, or need help at all!